Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog 10

I choose this clip for my blog ten because I found the title of it to be interesting. The named of the song is Ave Maria meaning the angelic salutation or hail Mary, it is a traditional Catholic prayer asking for the intercession of the Virgin Mary which is the mother of Jesus. I found the title interesting because it’s a song on Beyonce’ Knowles new album but an original work of Donizetti. Beyonce Knowles is a popular American R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, actress and model. Its funny how popular opera really is because this song is also one of my favorite songs and I never thought it was apart of opera.

In this clip I noticed that there wasn’t an audience. There were two guys singing and one was playing the piano I believe. They whore white shirts and had notes in front of them to read. It looked like a rehearsal but singing opera. One man began singing as a bass singer and another joined in singing tenor, like a duet. There were quite a few high pitches while the music played under there singing. The guts used hand movements and facial expression to help produce notes.

I really enjoy opera and how evokes emotion but when watching this clip I would have to say Beyonce’ piece is better. Opera is very popular today but with a different vibe for the new generation when presented. Thanks for reading my blog views and I hope you enjoyed it.

Here is another clip I found which is Donizetti work to let my viewer see this song look more like it as opera. It has an audience that you can actually see. Looks as if it is in a nice performance hall where people usually go to see an opera. The performers are well dressed; there are two main singers, and they to look at notes while singing. They are also singing a duet but a woman and a man with good harmony. There is repetition in while singing the song because they both are singing the same thing but in different contours.

No comments:

Post a Comment